Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Birthday Fun - Part 1

Last week, I celebrated another birthday. You know, I'm really getting sick of this getting older stuff. But I did have a lot of fun and I was very spoiled. Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate another year older...and wiser too!

Day 1: Friday, September 19
I met my oldest friend for lunch. She called me a few days before and asked me if I wanted to go to lunch with her and her 3-year-old daughter. I, of course, was thrilled to meet them for lunch. On the phone Diana (not her real name) said, "Allison wants to go to McDonalds. Is that OK?" So I met them at McDonalds.

A little backstory. When we were little kids, the big thing was to have our birthday parties at McDonalds. This was the new place in town and that's where we went. When I was 15, I decided I wanted my party there again. My mother obliged, even though I'm sure she thought I was being silly.

Back to the story, when I arrived at McDonalds, there was Diana, her daughter, her sister, and my mother. They were having a surprise party for me! It was so much fun. They ordered me a happy meal, brought me a cake (she even remembered that I love a white cake with greasy lard frosting) and pie. I thought this was the most thoughtful birthday present ever. She remembered something so treasured and fun from our childhood.

I have been incredibly blessed in my life with wonderful friends. The power of lasting friendships was manifested to me again this day. I was really touched by her love and life-long friendship.

Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared with my camera.

Stay tuned for more birthday fun!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...