Friday, May 25, 2007

Light

I recently got a new lamp for my desk at work. The minute I turned the switch, I was amazed at how much light was emitted. Was my office really so dark before that this one little source of light would make such a difference?

The experience got me thinking about light. Light is important on so many levels. We need light to stay warm and to grow. Light nourishes us. The light shows us the way through a dark night and guides those who have lost their way. Light leads us and illuminates the things in our path that we've never seen before.

Imagine a life without light. It would be cold and dark. We would never find our way because our path wouldn't be seen. Without light, we couldn't grow---we wouldn't progress. We would never see the blooming flowers outside our window or notice the pure, blue sky overhead. The Light guides, protects, and nourishes. I need Light to live.

Funny what a lamp can do.

3 comments:

Angie said...

You are such a good writer! You need to write a book!

Jen said...

One day I'll write a book...as soon as I think of a topic.

erin said...

People tell me that all the time too. I tell them that I also need a topic, but mostly, I'm not motivated to write books. :)

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...