Thursday, August 9, 2007

Baby Showers, Good Friends, and a Delicious Salad

Tuesday I went to a baby shower for my friend, E. I’ve known E for about 2 years or so now. We met my second semester of grad school. She sat next to me in our technical writing class and we quickly became friends. E is just one of those people that you connect with almost instantly and feel as if you’ve known forever.

I had a great time at the baby shower, loved seeing her little tummy (seriously, she is the littlest pregnant person I have ever seen), and had such fun catching up with post-graduation life. As we talked, ate delicious salad, and opened her super cute presents, I realized how grateful I am that I met E. She was my support during grad school. Those days I wanted to kill the professor, E was the reason I stayed sane. Or when I really wanted to skip class because I just couldn’t stand another powerpoint presentation, I thought of E and how I could chat with her and went to class. She was such a big part of my life for those years. I’m so glad I met her.

All of this got me to thinking about how lucky I’ve been in my life to have good friends. I really am blessed. And even if those friends only come into your life for a short amount of time, the footprints left will stay forever.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...