Thursday, August 9, 2007

Dream Job

I'm a bloggin' fool lately! That's right, I be a bloggin'.

I was thinking earlier this afternoon what my "dream" job would be. You know, the job where you loved coming into the office everyday, where you could make a difference, use your talents, and actually be apprecitated. (And because I don't believe that all of those criteria will ever be met, that's why it's a "dream.") Here's my top 5 dream jobs.

1. Mom: I know, I know. It's cliche, but I would love to be a mom. I realize it's hard work, you never get a day off, and probably will never get a good night's sleep for at least 18 years (or more if you ask my mom), but think of the rewards!

2. Writer: OK, I know. I'm a writer now. But I'm not talking about being a marketing writer, or writing copy for a brochure, or even a magazine article writer. I'm talking about being the next J.K. Rowling. I could sit in my pajamas with my laptop and literally change the world...one word at a time.

3. Teacher: Again, a teacher would be a terribly demanding job. In fact, I really admire those dedicated teachers who give their all...and they do it for such little pay. But all I can say is: 3-months off.

4. Florist: I really want to be a florist. I would love to be surrounded by beautiful flowers all day long. That's my idea of heaven.

5. Interior Designer: I wish I had the talent to be a really good designer. You know the kind that can just walk into a room and instantly know where to place the furniture, what colors to paint, and exactly the right accessories. Ya, I wish that was me. And, I could maybe one day be on Trading Spaces!

In the mean time, I'll just sit in my dark, rather stinky office and type away for 8 hours.

2 comments:

Angie said...

If you ever become a florist and own your own shop can I work for you?

Zachary said...

So...because you are my Autumnal-Equinox Doppleganger, and because I thoroughly enjoy your unique style of writing, I have decided that I am going to blog-stalk you. I hope you don't mind. Oh...and I wouldn't want you to ever forget me:)

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...