Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day 1 is still going

It was now almost 10:30 p.m. and we decided we should head back to the hotel. So back on the Tube we went. We were feeling pretty confident in our ability to navigate the Tube system by now and got on the right train and began traveling to our hotel. There were some interesting characters on our train car. There were two guys next to me totally d*unk. They were using some rather interesting language. One of the guys kept asking me if I had a cigare**e. Now keep in mind that you can’t smo*e on the Tube and I was probably the last person on that train car that would actually have a cigare**e. And then one of the d*unk guys got the hiccups. That was entertaining. Since the d*unk guys weren’t much fun, I turned my attention to the front of the car. This, my friends, is where I discovered my first British crush. There was an adorable guy, with the sweetest accent, talking to a young couple across from him. I can’t be positive, but I think he smiled at me. Then a guy that looked a lot like a young Hugh Grant got on our car.

We continued traveling, getting closer to our hotel, when all of a sudden, the train stopped. We weren’t at a normal stop and we were surrounded by dark walls. Kelly and I had no idea what was going on. Soon, an announcement came on stating that the train in front of us had stalled and we had to wait for it to be towed off the tracks before we could move further. Kelly and I gave each other weird looks.

One d*unk guy still had the hiccups and the other had given up on asking me for a cigare**e and was yelling to other train cars asking if anyone had a cigare**e. This lasted for about 15 minutes. I admit, I was mildly entertained by this. We started to move again, but at a very slow pace. We got to the station where people could get on/off, but only the front of the train could actually get off. We were still surrounded by dark walls. We had to walk up through all the cars and exit through the driver’s area. Now, I have no idea why our train couldn’t keep going, but apparently we couldn’t. So we went up the stairs and asked someone if there was another train we could take. Apparently, there was not. The lady we asked told us our best bet would be to get a bus.

We exited the station and discovered we were by Big Ben again. We weren’t sure which bus to take and by this point we were pretty tired. For some reason, we just wandered up and down the street for a little while and then hailed a cab. By 11:30 p.m. we were safely back at our hotel.

Wake-up call for Saturday: 5:45 a.m.

1 comment:

Zachary said...

Enjoying the documentary! Happy Birthday!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...