Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day 1: Salt Lake City/Cincinnati/London

Our flight from Salt Lake City left at 1:20 p.m. This was the perfect time for me to leave. I didn’t have to wake up early and I could sleep (hopefully) on the leg from Cincinnati to London. My mom was taking us to the airport and I was super anxious and excited to go. It is recommended to be at the airport 2 hours before for international flights, but because I was so excited we ended up getting there about 2 ½ hours early. We got through security really quickly and then went to find some bottled water. Before we knew it, our plane was boarding. Armed with my blanket and Eclipse, I was ready for the flight. Take off and landing were smooth and I was grateful.

We landed in Cincinnati and had about 1 hour to catch our connecting flight. We got there in plenty of time and decided to look at our boarding passes to see where we were sitting. To our surprise, we were seated in the Business Class section. Oh the joy! After a couple of minutes, Kelly remembered when we booked our trip that the travel agent put us in Business Class because the cost was the same as Coach. We had both forgotten, but were grateful for the surprise.

We got settled into our comfortable seats and headed to the London/Gatwick airport. Flight time was just over 8 hours. We left Cincinnati about 6:00 p.m. local time. I looked at the flight attendant’s watch about an hour into the flight and realized it was about 2:00 a.m. in London. I thought it was best if I tried to sleep to help with the jet lag when we got to London. So, I snuggled up in my blanket (I brought my own, I don’t trust the airplane blankets) and closed my eyes. By the time I woke up, they were serving breakfast and we only had one hour left. I was so excited that I had slept nearly the entire plane ride!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...