Thursday, September 20, 2007

Still more of Day 1

But really, it’s Day 2 by this time. But since I hadn’t been to sleep, I still consider it Day 1.
Next, we decided to go check out Parliament and Big Ben. So we got back on the Tube.

Here's Big Ben. (Sorry, I don't know how to turn the picture around the right way.)


Big Ben is actually in the process of being worked on right now, so we didn’t hear him chime. But it was still an impressive sight.



Parliament

I really loved this area of the city. It was a beautiful area and I knew I was close to the Queen. No luck seeing her, but still, I was close.

By this point, we were both feeling kind of tired so we found a nice little park and sat down for awhile. We were sitting there chatting and all of a sudden I saw something that looked like a cat move in and out of the flower bed. I looked again and it was a giant rat! Kelly didn’t believe me that it was a rat…she said it must have been a squirrel. A few minutes later, out came the rat again. So we left.


Here's the park.


That's the flower bed where the rat lived.

We were feeling kind of hungry, so we went to get dinner. After dinner, we weren’t really sure where we should go. We still had about 3 hours until The Ceremony of the Keys and didn’t want to go back to the hotel. Just then, I looked at a street sign and saw that we were close to Trafalgar Square. So off we went to explore the square. Trafalgar Square was packed! There were so many people there.




Across the street from Trafalgar Square.


In the Square.

Another view of Trafalgar Square.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...