Friday, November 2, 2007

Self Esteem

I don't believe in self esteem. In fact, I think self esteem is a made up concept. Self esteem is the world's way of taking a beautiful, eternal truth and distorting it to fit our mortal views. Self esteem is a dilluted idea for self worth.

I do believe in self worth, in the truth that I have a piece of divinity within me, that I am a daughter of God. I have no doubt of self worth. I am worth much more than the world makes me believe.

This whole idea of self worth is something I've been thinking a lot about lately. When we truly understand our eternal nature we won't have the desire to live a life any less worthy of divine influence. When we truly understand who we are, we can take our self esteem and discard of it - forever.

As a daughter of my Heavenly Father, I realize how important it is for me to daily strive to live to my full potential. The world can throw all of its nastiness at me and it won't matter - because I have an eternal perspective.

Go ahead world, tell me I need to be prettier, thinner, more agressive, assertive, and strong-willed. Tell me anything you want, but I don't have to believe you. I am a daughter of God and nothing the world tells me will change that. Eternal truths last forever.

So with that, I'm tossing my self esteem out the window. I invite you to do the same. Forget about your self esteem and remember your eternal self worth.

2 comments:

Zachary said...

I remember having almost an identical conversation with you about this topic almost 2 years ago. You really changed the way I view some things. Thank you.

Oh...and I get to meet with Danny next week...I am training him in the Success Path.

Jer said...

Rock on Jenn. You freakin' rock! I love your outlook on life.

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...