Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Running

You know what I don’t get? Running. Seriously, I do not understand the appeal of running on the asphalt, joints being jarred, and people starring at your bouncing flab. I don’t get it.

My brother loves running. And he’s gotten into amazing shape by running.

One summer, my sister-in-law and myself decided to run a local 5K that would be on Labor Day. At the time it sounded like a fantastic idea. I had dreams of crossing the finish line, being 20 pounds thinner, and oh so proud of my accomplishment.

(This is not a picture of me. Just some clip art lady.)


We started our training and prepared for the race. I soon realized that I do not like running. It just isn’t fun! And to make matters worse, I gained 4 pounds! I’m the only person in the world that gains weight from running. And don’t tell me it was muscle gain, because I don’t believe it.

Even though I really hated running, we kept our goal to run in the Labor Day 5K race. Know what I realized about mile 2? Not only is running just not fun, but why in the world did I pay $20 to run this race? Seriously, I paid money to run down the road and get a t-shirt that I’ll never wear. Just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Bottom line…running is stupid.

And that is my soapbox for the day. The End.

1 comment:

mo12miller@gmail.com said...

that's a great comment. the dh feels the exact way about running. it must be english major was of thinking. he loves riding his bike & other activity than running. I like it to a point...not an every day thing, but I like it.

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...