Friday, January 9, 2009

Word of the Day: Gratitude

Gratitude: a word I needed to adopt today.

I'm grateful...


- Even though there is no easy way for me to get home from work thanks to construction (that will last until November 2009), I'm grateful for a home to go to.


- When the snow just keeps falling and falling and falling and the temperatures just keep falling and falling and falling, I'm grateful for a safe commute with drivers who are also being safe.


- When I drop my purse in a huge pile of snow, I'm grateful my purse was closed.


- Even though it was just "one of those days" where no matter how hard I tried it just wasn't good enough, I'm grateful for my drive and my desire to find a solution to problems...even if there was no real solution at the end of the day.


- When I tripped and almost fell down the warehouse stairs and really hurt my foot, I'm grateful for no broken bones.


- I'm grateful for completing a goal I set for myself this week.


- For this little guy...just can't get enough of him.



- Even though I didn't get to take all of the vacation I wanted to over the Christmas break, I'm grateful for a job to go to. Even if SuperDaysh throws things over the top of the cubicle that hit me in the head.


- And finally, I'm grateful for a week of "freedom."

2 comments:

Lori said...

good grateful thoughts. i am glad you didn't go down the warehouse stairs either! i miss our tours on that green machine at TP with mark and john. those were fun. hehe. or the one trip we took on it. can't remember what it was called.

Super Daysh said...

I never hit your on purpose...does that count? I'm glad you have finally accepted a more grateful attitude- it's about time! Make sure you are especially grateful for working with me- cause I rock and am your most favoritest coworker EVER! :)

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...