Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer O' Fun

Memorial Day offically kicks off the summer season. I have declared this summer the "Summer O' Fun!" And fun is what we're going to have (trust me, you're having fun!)

Memorial Day I drug the family out and made them participate in my first activity.

We started the day doing some business.



We're all ready to go!







Hitting the open road (or the freeway at least).




Dad and I got a little bored waiting for mom in the car, so we explored her purse. Look what we found.





Mom said I needed to be documented as part of the trip, so there, I'm documented.



After we finished our business, we headed for a drive around Utah Lake. You know, it really was quite beautiful. And when I say we went around the Lake, I do mean around the Lake. We started in Lehi, went through Saratoga Springs, out to Elberta, Goshen, back through Genola, and out to Spanish Fork.

Some of the scenery.






We thought we'd stop for gas...doesn't look like that station is open!



And Coach was thristy, so we stopped for a drink. Yup, the drink machine worked!



It was a fun day and a great way to kick off Summer O' Fun.

The next week, I decided we needed to check off another item from our list. We planned a FHE activity to roast hot dogs and marshmallows at Beer Can (I know, it's not called Beer Can anymore, but that's what I insist on calling the place.) Alas, the weather had other plans.

The rain, and thunder, and ligthening didn't stop us! We just made do with what we had.
That was a delicious hot dog!
The CMan enjoyed the rain.


Next on the list, the Cheifton Museum. Oh, it's going to be a great summer!

3 comments:

Lori said...

you are funny and i can't believe how grown up your nephew is!!!!

Super Daysh said...

Okay, if it's going to be the summer o fun- you officially have to take some time off! Do it- I dare you! :)

Jen said...

Dear Super Daysh,

For your information, I will be taking Thursday and Friday of this week off. And I had last Thursday off to deal with the mono. So there!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...