Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Favorite Friend

On Sunday, the CMan turned 6. Really, 6 years old already? My, how time flies.

I remember the day he was born. My brother and his wife were living in Las Vegas. The CMan's due date was June 5th, so once that day came, we anxiously awaited a call. June 6th was a Sunday. I was teaching a Relief Society lesson and my mom was in attendance. Because we knew the baby could come at any time, my mom kept her cell phone on during church. Right in the middle of my lesson, her phone rang. She immediately jumped up and ran out. And I started freaking out! Turned out, the phone call was a solicitor.

We came home from church and waited patiently (OK, not so patiently) for the call. My brother finally called in the evening and said a baby was on the way. Once the CMan was born, I remember my brother putting the phone up to his little ear so I could talk to him for the very first time. We then packed up the car and off to Vegas we went!

He was so little! It was hard to fight grandma and grandpa for baby time, but I loved holding him and smelling him! Babies smell so great! I gave him lots of kisses and discovered there was more room in my heart than I ever thought possible.

What a blessing the CMan has been in our lives! He is smart, fun, full of life, and adventurous! He has the kindest little heart and is such a joy to be around. Some of my favorite times are sitting with him playing trucks or watching him ride his bike around the neighborhood. He's a special little boy with a big spirit. I know great things are in store for is future!



In honor of his 6th birthday, 6 things I love about CMan:

1. He is my "favorite friend."

2. The way he says hello when he answers the phone.

3. His big hugs.

4. The fact that he is all boy. The playing in dirt, getting wet, jumping the sidewalk on his bike.

5. The way he calls me JenJen and then laughs.

6. Singing primary songs as loud as he can.

Love you CMan!

1 comment:

For Every Occasion said...

CMan is 6...really?!! Happy Birthday! I love that he called Kari and I "grandma's friends"!!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...