Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 22: What Makes Me Different from Everyone Else

This is kind of a hard one, because honestly I don't think I'm all that unique. I'm a typical Mormon girl in her mid-30's. Work, sleep, occasionally make it to spin class, serve in my calling, and try (key word being try) to have a life. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

If I dig really deep, I guess something that makes me different is that I don't mind being alone. I mean, I love having friends and people to talk to and places to go. But, I don't mind those times when I'm alone. In fact, I kind of treasure that alone time because I know there are lots of people who would like to have just a moment's peace, a little bit of time to watch Cupcake Wars or read a book. I'm really good at keeping busy. I work full time (yay!), serve in the community, serve in a demanding church calling, and try to keep a part time freelance career. So, those times when I can just quietly sit and do nothing...I don't mind.

But don't ask me to watch a scary movie. Because living alone + scary movies = no beuno.

2 comments:

Lori said...

emai me. i want to know where you got a job.

Jen said...

Lori, send me an email. For some reason, I can't find your email address!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...