Thursday, October 18, 2012

My "New Year" Mantra

I love to make goals. (Perhaps a new goal should be to blog more, huh?) But here's the thing with me and goals. I don't wait until January 1st to make goals. I've never been one to conform to society, so why conform with goals, right? For me, I like to make goals around my birthday. Afterall, it truly is a new year. Since my birthday just passed, I decided it was time to make some goals.

Problem is, I couldn't think of any specific goals. Sure, there are lots of things I would like to do - if time, money and circumstances allowed. I needed some new goals, but I just wasn't sure what to declare as my new goals.

And then, it hit me. A mantra. I've got a mantra for my new year. I think it works for goals as well as a sort of mission statement. It's what I'm going to strive to live up to in the next year. Ready for it?

"Try new things. Hang on to the right old things. Be brave."

So there you have it, my "new year" goals. Let's see what kind of adventures I can come up with based on this life mantra.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Your mantra is great!!! Hope you are doing well!

Nehru suit said...

Hello there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading your posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects? Thank you!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...