Friday, August 31, 2007

Remembering Diana

I remember the day clearly. I had just started my junior year at BYU. I remember sitting in my editing class, not concentrating on the lecture at all, and just thinking about Princess Diana. She was someone I, like many in this world, had a slight fascination with. She was elegant, graceful, and beautiful.

I stayed up late (or rather early) to watch her funeral. I remember lying on the floor of my parent’s living room, wrapped up in my quilt watching the funeral processional. It was a bit ironic, because it wasn’t that many years earlier that I was in the same position, in the same room, watching Princess Diana marry Prince Charles. The day of her wedding, I remember thinking this was just like Cinderella.

Since that day 10 years ago, I’ve watched the Royal family a bit more closely. I’ve taken an interest in books, articles, and stories about the Princess. I’ve watched the interviews with her sons, and was fascinated by the movie The Queen. Next week when I’m in London, I’ll be sure to remember Princess Diana one more time.

May she rest in peace.

1 comment:

Zachary said...

This has nothing to do with Princess Diana, (though it is a touching tribute). I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday Month!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...