Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Atlanta at last

Only one problem: the plane wasn’t moving. After a couple of minutes, the pilot came on the intercom and told us there was a stalled plane at our gate and we had to wait for it to be towed away before we could get off. Twenty minutes later, we were finally at the gate. Kelly and I both knew at this point that we would miss our connecting flight, so we decided there was no point to even try to hurry.

We got through customs without any problem, but we had missed the flight. We talked to a Delta agent to get a new flight before we handed over our luggage again. This was a big mistake. The girl had no idea what she was doing. Finally, we ended up with a flight that was to leave at 6:30. But we didn’t have a gate number or seat assignment.

We went though security again and went to the gate where we supposed to leave from. We were at B-24. The lady at the desk informed us that our 6:30 flight had been delayed to 8:00. Oh, and we were supposed to be in E-8. We made the trek across the airport and found our gate. As we were walking down the hallway, I saw a familiar figure walking in the opposite direction. I looked and there was Elder Bednar. I about had a heart attack I was so excited! Only Kelly didn’t see him.

We went to call our parents to tell them our flight would be 4 hours later than they expected when I saw Elder Bednar again. This time, Kelly saw him and confirmed that my eyes were not playing tricks on me.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...