Monday, September 24, 2007

Edinburgh and Glasgow

This is the day we headed to Edinburgh, Scotland. Edinburgh was by far by favorite place we visited. We visited the Edinburgh castle and took a city tour. The city is built on 7 rolling hills, so the views were amazing.





When I left home I said I would be disappointed if I didn’t hear a live rendition of Scotland the Brave while I was in Scotland. Edinburgh didn’t disappoint. Here’s my “live” concert. Complete with kilt and all.


My own "private" bagpipe concert.



We took a tour of the Edinburgh castle. I pretended like I was shooting canons and imagined life as a princess.





The castle.


Showing off the entrance to my home.




Target practice.

After the castle, we spent a couple of hours in the city sight seeing and shopping. We went to the National Art Gallery where I saw some Monet and Gauguin.


After Edinburgh, we headed back to Glasgow. Kelly and I decided to check out the Modern Museum of Art. After the museum, we just walked around the city and took in the atmosphere. And this is where my second trip crush came. I’m pretty sure he was German, but he was eating in a cafĂ© with his parents. They looked like they were all traveling together. I couldn’t stop staring at him because he was so beautiful! But I finally gained control and let the poor guy eat in peace.


Kelly in Glasgow.

Glasgow city center.

When we got back to the hotel, I got a call. It was the front desk telling me that I had left my passport in the lobby! Who does that? Apparently me! Totally embarrassed, and a bit relieved I hadn’t lost my passport, I went to the front desk to retrieve my passport. There, standing in front of me, holding my passport, was my third crush of the trip. I lovingly refer to him as “Mr. Radisson.” I’m telling you, I spent the rest of the evening trying to figure out how I was going to pack this souvenir in my suitcase!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...