Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Believe

In my office at home, I have a plaque that says, “believe.” Mo Mo gave it to me as a gift after she came to visit last summer. When she gave it to me she said, “I thought ‘believe’ would be a good thing to have in your office as you work on your writing. I hope it will remind you to believe.” Since that day, I’ve thought about what I believe.

This Christmas season, as we celebrate the birth of our Savior, I thought I’d make a list of things I believe in. This list is not everything I believe (because that list could get really long) but just some things I’ve thought about in the last few months. And when the world gets a little too much to handle, I think it’s nice to have a reminder of what it is we believe in.

I Believe…
- Jesus Christ is the literal Son of God.
- Everybody has a little bit of good inside of them.
- The difference between a good leader and a great leader is this: a good leader says, “get that project done.” A great leader jumps in and helps get the project finished.
- If we all lived the Golden Rule, there would be less violence, less sadness, less heartache, and more peace, love, and joy in the world.
- Families are forever.
- It’s important to dress your body as it is now instead of dressing the body you wish you had.
- Time heals all wounds.
- Good friends influence your life forever, even after they’ve left your presence.
- If I’m having a bad day, the nephews will make it all better.
- Everyone needs to feel like they are making a difference in the world.
- Sometimes, it really isn’t all about you.
- And sometimes it is.
- Self worth has nothing to do with being pretty, being popular, or even being liked.
- I live my life the way I do because of an inner conviction of what is true.
- My outward appearance reflects that inner conviction.

I invite you to make a list of what you believe in, also.

2 comments:

For Every Occasion said...

I like this "believe" post.

mo12miller@gmail.com said...

I like it too!! I am glad that you "believe" in your writing & yourself. Your an awesome friend. One that I will always treasure. Merry Christmas Ring Ring!! Enjoy it!! Thanks for teaching me to be better & "BELIEVE" in things when life is hard.

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...