Thursday, December 20, 2007

Freshly Fallen Snow

I love the stillness that comes after a snow fall. Tonight, a snow storm rolled through the valley. I looked out my window just before I closed the blinds for the evening and realized how still and calm the world seemed. I could see snow falling, lightly, through the glow of the street light; there was a fresh blanket of snow on the front grass; and not a single car was passing on the street. I looked down the rows of houses in my neighborhood and saw twinkling Christmas lights and porch lamps on waiting to greet the owner when he came home. For one, small moment the world seeemd at peace. The freshly fallen snow gave me a new hope for this life.

By tomorrow morning, the snow will have feet tracks, the cars will turn the snow into slush on the side of the road, and people will be busy making their way to work and school. I will likely be among those cursing the crazy drivers who go way too fast on wet roads or lamenting the ice the is surely forming. But for one moment, all is quiet and all is well.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I know exactly what you mean. I love that feeling of stillness in the snow. You put it so well.

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...