Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy 100!

This is my 100th post. I find it a bit hard to believe that I actually have that much to write about. Wait, I take that back. It's really not that hard to believe.

Last night, I had an overwhelming desire to write. This was a bit strange to me because I write all day long for work. Usually, I come home from work and don't want to even think about writing for at least 10 more hours. But last night was different. I didn't really know what I wanted to write about; I just knew I wanted to write. So that's what I did.

The song Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day was in my head. And this is what came as a result of that song and my writing mood.

"It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right,
I hope you have the time of your life." – Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), Green Day

Life is unpredictable. We don’t know where we’ll end up and sometimes we don’t even know how we got started. There are ups and downs; happy days and down right terrible days. Sometimes, we wonder what it’s all about. And then, one of those defining moments comes along. One of those times when you know all is good, that you’ve tried your best, and you have no regrets. One of those moments when everything, if even for just a small amount of time, is absolutely clear. You are certain. You are strong. You are headed down the correct path. When all the chaos of this life gets out of hand, it’s these defining moments that let us know that, “in the in it’s right.” It is then that I realize I’ve lived life the best that I know how. There are still plenty of things to learn and I have a lifetime yet to discover all the wonderful stuff in store. And I can’t help but think, even though my life has turned out differently than I ever planned, I certainly am having the time of my life.

Green Day got it right.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...