Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bathroom Break

This morning, I went to the viewing of my sister-in-law’s grandmother. I was standing in line with my parents, waiting to pay my respects, when a man walked up to me and said, “Do you mind if we cut in line? Pres. Monson needs to get up to the stand.” And there stood Pres. Monson and his wife. I kindly stepped aside and Pres. Monson went through the line. I followed with my parents and then we made our way to the door. On the way out the door, I decided to use the bathroom. When I came out, there stood Pres. Monson talking to my dad. They were in the middle of some conversation about how my dad’s uncle is a crazy driver. My dad asked Pres. Monson, “Did you ever drive in the car with Hans?” Pres. Monson said, “That wasn’t a car ride, that was a death sentence!” The conversation continued with Pres. Monson tellling my dad stories about our family. Pres. Monson even shared a few of the German phrases he knew. And then it was time to leave.

And that is what happens when I decide I need a bathroom break.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...