Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Little Secret

My immediate family knows this, but I don’t think I’ve shared my little secret with many others.


Did you know that I want to build a cabin in Fairview? A cabin you might ask…well, every writer needs a little hideaway to go and write without the distractions of the modern world. (No worries, I will use high-speed internet, a laptop, and modern bathroom facilities.)

And why Fairview? Well, Fairview is close enough to my home that I wouldn’t have to travel far to “get away” and far enough away that I could feel like I actually “got away.” It’s gorgeous in that area (have you ever seen the fall foliage), quiet, and serene. I could go on long walks on unknown trails, gather pinecones, and run through meadows singing “The Hills are Alive.” As a side note, I actually ran through a mountain trail in Switzerland singing “The Hills are Alive”—I got some rather strange looks. Back on track...I can’t think of a better way to be inspired to write. Plus, land in Fairview is still relatively cheap.

I know I don’t come across as a cabin-type-of-girl, but I’m very serious about this venture. I’ve even got a realtor lined up.

8 comments:

For Every Occasion said...

You don't strike me as an outdoorsy kind of girl, but then again I can totally see it! You must invite me to visit you at your cabin!

erin said...

My grandparents own a share in a cabin at Fairview Lakes. We love going up there as often as we can. It would definitely be an awesome investment!

Anonymous said...

Do you want the realtor's phone number? I have it.

Jen said...

Mom, is that you again? Good job commenting. I like it when you do what I tell you to do.

mo12miller@gmail.com said...

Sweet. Can I come & hang out with you too? I would love to have one too. I think that it would be nice retreat for sure. Go for it girlfriend.

Jeremy English said...

Oh, snap. This is what will happen if you build a cabin in Fairview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5PWbTseMx0

Writers are crazy. Remember Jack's character in The Shinning? Creepy...

Anonymous said...

You should concentrate on getting a boys phone number... realtors are no good. I know a lawyer who's single again (for the third time) and looking...

Jen said...

Dear Anonymous,

Not my mom, but the other anonymous. I have no idea who you are, but I just have one question...is he hot?

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...