Thursday, July 3, 2008

Dating Tips from a 4-Year Old

Last night, the family went to the Owlz game. Whenever the entire family goes to the games, one of us always ends up with the CMan at the playground. Yesterday, I was the chosen one to go to the playground.

I watched the CMan go around and play on some slides. He was talking to a bunch of little kids, but I noticed he had singled one little girl out. She was a cute little thing. I watched the two of them move from the big playground to the less-crowded smaller one. They were playing over there for awhile when I noticed that the CMan had grabbed this little girl's hand and they were walking around the playground. They found these little seats and were talking. I was curious what two 4-year-olds could possibly be saying to each other, so I walked over to where they were. They were both intently chatting about how many friends they had and what each of their names were. I heard the CMan say, "I'm friends with Addie and Bridger and Matt." And then he asked this little girl how many friends she had. She replied with a bunch of little girl names and then added, "And you." Which I thought was just sweet. They continued to play for a little while longer and then CMan's new friend announced she was going back to her dad. CMan said, "Let's play again later."

About half way through this experience, I realized something. My nephew is a little Casanova. He singled out the girl of his choice, led her to a quiet place, and engaged her in stimulating conversation. I took notes, because we all know when it comes to relating to the opposite sex that I can use all the help I can get.

Here's what I learned:

- Get the attention of the one you're interested in. If this means you have to grab his hand (or in the CMan's case, her hand) then so be it.

- Ask about his interests. CMan asked about friends. That seems harmless enough. I'm sure I could start a conversation relating to friends.

- Always smile. Both of these kids had huge smiles on their faces. You could tell they were both enjoying their new friendship.

- And the follow up. Don't forget the follow up. Always ask for a second date.

Thanks, CMan for helping your socially backward aunt. Now, let's see if I can apply this to real life. Oh, FHE's are about to get much more interesting!

5 comments:

erin said...

Yeah! Watch out, FHE man!

Zachary said...

"And wisdom shall flow out of the mouths of babes..."

Or from their examples.

Brings on a whole new meaning to the verse where Jesus tells us to be as a little child.

Anonymous said...

The Cman is funny little kid. Ita with what zachary said. You never who or where or what you will learn. I love little kid to death. I'm so glad he's my life too. We can all learn from little kids and their examples, you never what they will teach us.:)

the Allers said...

Oh if only this information were available sooner!

Super Daysh said...

that is the cutest little post. I'm glad you learned something from the CMan. We can learn a lot from little kids - after all, we are supposed to become like them, right? Way to get started! Have you been following his example? Grabbed anyone by the hand yet and led them to a quiet area for stimulating conversation?

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...