Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Fun

It's no secret that Labor Day is my favorite holiday. I like Labor Day most because nobody else claims it as their favorite holiday, but I also enjoy the Onion Days festivities. Even though it rained on my parade (literally) this year, I still throughly enjoyed the holiday. Check it out!
I really did think the rain would pass, but it didn't. Apparently, my "faith" isn't strong enough to keep the rain away. About 10 minutes into the parade, it poured!



Before the rain storm. When the parade started the CMan kept turning around and saying, "You've got to check this out! The parade is coming!" He was very excited.



During the rain.




Mom's umbrella had some problems.

After I was soaked to my knees and couldn't feel my fingers anymore, we headed home to wait out the storm. I got a little bored and took some self portraits.


This is NOT a flattering picture, but my dad laughed so hard at this one that I decided it needed to go up.




Proof that I am the Onion Princess!



Look, Barry Manilow came to visit again!

Later in the afternoon, the rain cleared and we headed back to the park for some entertainment, booth perusing, and carnie rides. FYI - do not let your brother talk you into riding the Orbitor. Humans were not meant to spin upside down!


The CMan decided he didn't want to sit by us. And he didn't want me to take his picture.




Mr. Mster did not disappoint in his cuteness!

By this point it was getting kind of chilly and it had been a long day, so we called it quits and headed home.

And that how I spent my Labor Day.

6 comments:

Lori said...

I am glad you enjoyed your Onion Days experience. What floats are in the parade? big onions on wheels? just wondering... Does everyone leave onion days with bad breath? haha.

Lori said...

P.S. the photos of you are so fun! Especially the one with Barry.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't join in the fun. I had to work. I worked my full shift but only took 10 calls in 4 1/2 hours. That's how I spent my Labor Day.

It rained and even hailed here at the condo.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you show the other Barry pictures? What about the private concert with Barry? Oh, he was soooo good.

mo12miller@gmail.com said...

love the pictures & I am glad that you had a blast on Labor Day for sure. Mine was nice...salsa making. YUMMY!!!

Angie said...

I am so happy that you posted pictures!!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...