Friday, March 13, 2009

He Said, She Said

I love listening to my parents tell stories about how they met. I always have. But for some reason, the stories have become more entertaining lately. Last week I was asking my parents, for the millionth time, how they met. I was so entertained by the conversation.

I asked, “What do you remember about the first time you met?”

He (my dad) said: We were at the Cannon Center at BYU. It was a dance and I saw your mom standing alone on the side of the room. She was wearing an orange dress with navy blue and yellow stripes. She had on orange shoes. The shoes had a little bit of a heel…they weren’t flat, but they weren’t very tall. Her hair was up and she had an orange bow tied in her hair. I remember exactly how I felt when I first saw her. I was so scared to ask a girl to dance.

She (my mom) said: He was wearing a sweater.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You left out the part about how she lied to him and told him she was older than she was. The moral to the story, your mom lied, and your dad was a sucker. Interesting, that was over fory years ago, and your dad recalls it as if it was yesterday.

Lori said...

cute story!

Anonymous said...

Who is this anonymous person that's posting. I was there when the story was told this past week .

You did leave out the part of how she lied about her age and how she wanted to leave the dance before she was asked to dance.

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...