Thursday, July 23, 2009

In Love with this Book

Last night, I finished the most charming and delightful book. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is one of the best new books I’ve read in a long time. I was enthralled with a story that took place in a time way before mine. The story was engaging…one where you could laugh, cry, and smile all at the same time. The writing is refreshing and done in a unique way.



I became fascinated with the people living on Guernsey just after World War II. Their lives, their families, and their loyalty to their friend Elizabeth kept me turning page after page. Not since Lizzy and Darcy have I felt this connected to characters in a book. Simply delightful!

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a good story with a feel good ending. You will not be disappointed.

3 comments:

Lori said...

hmmm- makes me interested!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you finally read it, I knew you would love it! And to think you kept falling asleep listening to it on our trip, shame on you!

Maren said...

Thanks for the recommendation...always looking for a good read. You look great, btw! I enjoy peaking in on your blog...

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...