Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm in Love with Twilight

I admit, I love the Twilight series. But not for the reasons you may be thinking.

I’m not in love with the “ideal” man. I’m not fascinated with a teenage werewolf (even though I’ve always been Team Jacob). And don’t even get me started with the spelling and grammatical errors, holes in the plot, and overly sappy writing. But I do love the series. And here’s why:

“Stephenie Meyer graduated from Brigham Young University with a bachelor's degree in English. She lives with her husband and three young sons in Phoenix, Arizona. After the publication of her first novel, Twilight, booksellers chose Stephenie Meyer as one of the "most promising new authors of 2005" (Publishers Weekly).” (From Stephenie Meyer’s website.)

As a fellow English graduate from Brigham Young University, Stephenie Meyer gives me hope. So to you Stephenie, thank you for pursuing your dream. You’ve given me the hope to do the same.

And that is why I will always love Twilight.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I hope your dreams turn out the same!!! Happy thanksgiving!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...