Monday, November 23, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Act I


Place: Neighbors House

Actors: Me (Jen), 5-year-old Nick, 1-year-old baby Mattie

Scene: Changing Mattie’s diaper.

Nick: “Do you know how to change a diaper?”

Jen: “Yes, Nick, I do know how to change a diaper.”

Nick: “Do you have any kids?”

Jen: “No, I don’t have any kids.”

Nick: “Do you have a husband?”

Jen: “No, I don’t have a husband.”

Nick: “You need a man!”

Jen: “Yes, yes I do. Do you know any men for me?”

Act II


Place: Driving in the car

Actors: Me (Jen), 5-year-old nephew the CMan, 2-year-old-nephew Mr. Mster

Scene: Driver in the front seat, nephews in the back seat.

CMan: “Jen Jen, you’re not an adult.”

Jen: “I’m not CMan?”

CMan: “No, you’re not because you don’t have any kids.”

Jen: “So, you’re only an adult if you have kids?”

CMan: “Yes, adults have kids.”

Jen: “Is Uncle Kenny an adult? Because he doesn’t have any kids.”

CMan: “Yes, Jen Jen, Kenny is an adult.”

Jen: “But he doesn’t have any kids, CMan.”

CMan: “But he’s married. And when you’re married you’re an adult.”

Jen: “So, I’m not married and I don’t have any kids so I’ll be a kid forever?”

CMan: “Yup, that’s right.”

Jen: “Good to know.”

3 comments:

Lori said...

i love those conversations!!! i guess i'm not an adult either.

emilyring said...

Out of the mouths of babes. I love Cman and Mr Mster and the 4 others I claim as my own as well. You never know what they will they say or do. They are all so smart.

KMHansen said...

I must not be an adult either. ha ha. That's cute!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...