Monday, December 7, 2009

Santa's Wish List

Last night, I asked the nephews what I should ask Santa to get me for Christmas. You know, now that Mr. Tiger has disappointed me so, I’ve taken him off my list. And seriously, how many years in a row do I have to ask Santa for a red convertible Mercedes? Just deliver already, would ya! CMan told me I should ask for a cherry picker truck. Mr. Mster told me to ask for a tow truck. You know, as fascinating as those gifts are, I’m not sure how it would look to have a 33-year-old woman driving Tonka trucks around her house. I said I was going to ask for a niece, but I got the death look from my brother and a sarcastic “good luck” from my sister-in-law.

Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Which got me to thinking about gifts. I love presents! But mostly, I love unwrapping them. This comes as no surprise to my mother, but I love unwrapping my gifts. There’s just something about the pretty wrapping paper and the lovely bow. It’s thrilling! But I digress. After my conversation with the nephews I thought about the Christmas presents I’ve received in my life. And there are three that stand out more than others.

1. My Barbie dream house. I was about 7 or 8 and believe me, this thing was freaking awesome! Loved it! Loved it so much that I let my dad take a picture of me Christmas morning in my Strawberry Shortcake pjs with matching robe. My hair was wild (that’s what happens when you have naturally curly hair). But I stood there beside my dream house and smiled the hugest grin known to man kind. All of my Barbies got married in that house. Ken lost a head or two (thanks to my brother). Those were the days. I loved it.

2. My first Book of Mormon. It was one of those mini triple combinations. Remember those? I was 10 and I was thrilled to have my own scriptures to take to primary. I had a matching Bible too.

3. Pearl ring. This was the Christmas I was 16 and my grandma passed away the summer before. For some reason, I equate this ring with my grandma. She wasn’t there to buy it or give it to me, but Christmas at grandma’s house was always a big deal and our first Christmas without her was also a big deal. We missed her. That ring reminds me of my grandma.


So, CMan and Mr. Mster, any ideas for Santa?

1 comment:

Lori said...

I hope you get amazing presents with pretty wrapping paper and bows!

your list of presents you got was great!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...