Monday, August 30, 2010

I Find Myself the Subject of Strange Conversations

Seriously, I find myself not only in the midst of strange conversations, but the subject of some very interesting conversations.

At church yesterday, I skipped Sunday School. I know, bad, but the room was PACKED and the only chair was in the very front of the room. I would have been more of a distraction than a help by trying to get to that chair. So, instead I headed out to the hall and waited out my time on the couch. Next to me was the wife of one of the bishopric members. See, I didn't feel quite so bad about skipping Sunday School once I saw Sister E.

I started looking at a spread sheet I need to figure out for my correlation meeting on Tuesday and Sister E. is reading. Through the door walks Bro. F. Bro. F has his daughter and granddaughter with him. He stops to introduce us to his family. He gets to me and says, "This one here is a great catch." I just kind of laugh. Sister E. pops up and says, "She is a great catch. If I weren't married, I'd marry her." Ummm, OK super awkward! But then, Bro. F. says, "I would too." Bro. F's daughter piped up, "I won't tell mom you just said that."

Enter my very awkward laugh and really wanting to just get up and leave.

Sister E., however, was not finished. She said, "I have a son who is 29. He's not good enough for you though." And at that, I faked the excuse that I needed to go to the restroom.

Next time, I might just cause a ruckus and sit in that chair at the front of the classroom.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Yah- quite awkward.

My fave---and have only heard it once, thankfully, I am introduced that "I never got married"...(hey, people- i am standing right here with you! And i think there is still a chance...

Oh and another one..."So, do you just not want to get married?" I had no response because i was so surprised. and this good intentioned woman said it to me two different times.

Sigh.

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...