Tuesday, June 28, 2011

O' What Do You Do in the Summer Time?

I'll tell you what we do...we roast hot dogs and marshmallows, even when it is 90 degrees outside.

Summer O' Fun activity #2 occurred yesterday. This time, the mother decided to take a turn planning the activity (perhaps my guilt trips have finally worked). She decided we were going to go to "Beer Can Flats" and roast hot dogs and have smores.

While I was driving to meet the family, I got a phone call. It went something like this:

Me: "Hello."
Am: "Hello. We are going to our house. There's a dead raccoon up here and it stinks...stinks real bad."
Me: "OK. I'll see you in a bit."

So Beer Can was out, you know because of the dead raccoon and all. Since the rest of the family had to make their way down the canyon by now, I arrived at the destination a little early. I got out of the car and was serenaded by the neighbor's mariachi music. So I sat on the lawn and enjoyed the sounds!

A few minutes later, the rest of the family came and we got the party started.

Jar built a fire in the pit and I may or may not have said numerous times, "It's only 90 degrees outside but we're building a fire." And then the roasting commenced.

This was Mr. Msters first time roasting his own marshmallow. He did a great job.



Coach, Em, and Ken enjoying the evening.



The boys decided to take a break in the wagon.



Two Summer O' Fun activities so far...we're already well ahead of last summer. Take that 2010!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...