Tuesday, July 3, 2007

About Me

This post is dedicated to Ang, who requested I put something personal on my blog. This is about as personal as I'll ever get.

100 Things About Me

1. I enjoy being by myself.
2. I also love spending time with my family.
3. I love rain, especially a really cool thunderstorm.
4. I secretly want to be a designer. Unfortunately, I don’t have any talent in that area.
5. I can’t stand people that whine! Either make a change or get over it already.
6. No matter how bad of a mood I am in, my nephews makes me happy. What did we ever do before those kids were born?
7. I love the way I feel after I exercise, but am rarely motivated to actually do it.
8. I love school, but hate the homework.
9. I am fiercely loyal.
10. I hate to see people suffering.
11. I also hate sushi. Tried it. Do not like it.
12. I love sleeping in on a cold winter morning. With lots of blankets pulled up around my chin.
13. I love when a guy I’m interested in speaks highly of his mother.
14. I love when a guy pays for dinner because he wants to and not because he feels obligated.
15. I love white lilies.
16. I love the beginning of spring.
17. I love when my nephew give me his “big hug.”
18. Sometimes I eat ice cream for breakfast.
19. It’s my dream to own a flower shop. I can’t think of anything sweeter than being surrounded by lilies all day long.
20. Whenever I paint my nails, I usually scrape the polish off within 2 days.
21. Cherry Limeade
22. With crushed ice….enough said.
23. I used to think being published was really cool.
24. Now I think being published somewhere cool is where it’s at.
25. Do not lie to me. It’s very hard to win my trust back.
26. I started playing violin when I was 10.
27. I used to be good at it.
28. Not anymore.
29. I hate spiders. Hate them.
30. I almost drowned when I was 5 years old.
31. I can still remember the experience vividly.
32. And I don’t remember very much from my childhood.
33. I love roller coasters!
34. I get car sick really easily.
35. Whenever we drive in the canyon, I stick my head out the window like a dog.
36. I like to sing really loud.
37. But I have a horrible singing voice.
38. Just ask anyone in my family. They will tell you.
39. I can’t wait until the day every season of Growing Pains comes out on DVD.
40. I’m convinced that The Office, the American version, is true of most offices.
41. There’s certainly a Dwight in my office.
42. And I secretly wish I was Pam so Jim would have a crush on me.
43. Unfortunately, there’s no Jim in my office.
44. I once asked Santa Clause to give me Tiger Woods for Christmas.
45. I am terrified of mascots!
46. I get angry really easily in traffic, waiting in lines, or dealing with annoying people.
47. I think Tony Blair is a babe.
48. The new prime minister, not so much.
49. The most frequently asked question when people found out I was an English major…”Are you going to teach?”
50. The answer is, “No!”
51. I was accepted into 5 law schools.
52. And I ended up getting a Masters degree in Communications instead.
53. I should have been a lawyer.
54. I could probably quote at least one line from every episode of Friends that was ever made.
55. I love to wear high heels.
56. I think wedge shoes are the best invention ever.
57. I once had a co-worker who wrote advertisements in Dr. Seuss verse.
58. To this day, I swear I saw Rudolph’s red nose coming over the mountain on Christmas Eve.
59. My favorite Halloween costume ever was a pencil.
60. I designed it myself.
61. I’ve been to Russia, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Italy.
62. I’m going to Great Britain this Fall.
63. I’ve never been to Mexico or Canada.
64. I have no idea why I get so much junk email.
65. I am an only girl in my family.
66. Growing up, I wanted a sister to share clothes with.
67. Now that I think about it, I probably wouldn’t have shared my clothes.
68. As a teenager, I liked to wear my brothers' jeans.
69. My favorite was wearing the jeans that belonged to my brother who is 9 years younger than me.
70. For some reason, those jeans made me feel skinny.
71. I love to read.
72. I’m reading Jane Eyre right now. It’s taking me awhile to get through.
73. I’ve been reading War and Peace for at least 5 years.
74. I always have to start over when I start reading it again.
75. So far, I’ve never made it all the way through the book.
76. I always use a turn signal.
77. I think it’s weird when people who don’t know me call me Jen.
78. I don’t think it’s weird when my friends call me Jen.
79. I think Americans should adopt the concept of Siesta time.
80. One day, I want to be able to donate to charities on a regular basis.
81. I would choose the local homeless shelter and the American Cancer Society.
82. I am a sleep walker.
83. I really enjoy pedicures.
84. I can live without manicures. (See #20).
85. I like to read blogs.
86. Even if I don’t know the person.
87. I went to the New Kids on the Block concert when I was 14.
88. I’m really glad peanut butter and chocolate are friends.
89. My favorite movie is Dead Poets Society.
90. But I could watch Pretty in Pink over and over again.
91. I’ve never read a Harry Potter book.
92. My favorite city in the U.S. is New York City.
93. My favorite city ever is Lucerne, Switzerland.
94. When I was in the 5th grade, I thought it would be cool to have head gear.
95. I also once tried to break my own arm just so I could wear a cast.
96. I must have been a strange child.
97. My friends and I like to stalk people.
98. But we’re not official stalkers because we don’t have a ledger.
99. And by stalk, I mean we drive my cute boy’s houses.
100. I didn’t think I was going to make it to 100, but I did.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks - I LOVED reading this post!! I love No. 43 because we all wish Jim worked at our office and I wanted a head gear in 6th grade! Why did we think they were so cool!!

erin said...

I really liked your style of writing in this list. Ha ha. :) It was very entertaining. I hate spiders too.

See you on Thursday for lunch!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...