Friday, August 17, 2007

Backing into parking spaces

Backing into a parking space is one concept that I just cannot understand.

I'm looking out my window here at work and there is a Jeep trying to back into a parking space. There's plenty of room and one car on the other side of the space the Jeep is going into. It took this driver 5 times to get into the spot straight. And while attempting said parking job, the driver drove up on the curb (while trying to get straight), was on the parking lot line at least twice (and I mean right on it), and nearly took the door off the other car in the space.

So my question is, why back into the space? I understand that at some point you have to back up, but it just seems easier to go into the parking spot and then back up when it's time to leave. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I totally agree! I have never backed into a parking space because I can't even park straight by pulling in frontwards! I wish I could have seen that Jeep!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...