Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm a Jacob Fan

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I've been reading the Twilight series. I started reading the books after I received Twlight as a gift. Besides, the author graduated from BYU so I was a bit intrigued. I liked Twilight, but had a hard time actually relating much to the book. Besides the fact that it is a young adult novel, I never could wrap my mind around the idea of a 17 year old girl falling in love with a 100 year old vampire - even if the vampire was still 17!

Nevertheless, I decided to read New Moon. The book started out slow, but the middle part got kind of interesting. But then I got to the ending. Absolutely the worst ending ever! The book just lost any excitement that had been building up, there was no resolution, and several items that got a lot of time in the middle of the book were left completely wide open. In fact, I almost forgot about Victoria at the end until she was just randomly thrown in to remind the reader she was part of the plot.

Even though I was fairly disappointed in New Moon, I'm still going to read Eclipse. I'm hoping Edward is out of the picture (sorry all you Edward fans) and that Bella finally decides to act her age! It is just completely unbelievable to me that a 17 year old high school girl would have the type of emotions that this girl has. And I was even an emotional 17 year old at one time in my life! I just don't buy it that she is so insanely in love with a vampire. Plus, how could she possibly not be afraid of a vampire. Bella's relationship with Jacob (even though he is a werewolf) is so much more believable. And, I think Bella and Jacob have a real connection.

Here's hoping Eclipse doesn't disappoint.

Maybe I should stick to the classics. I'm never disappointed there.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I concurr 99.9% but I can't BELIEVE you are going to read Eclipse!

Jen said...

I have to read Eclipse. I can't just leave the whole thing unfinished! Despite not liking the series, I have to find out what happens!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...