Monday, September 24, 2007

Top O’ the Morning to You

We spent the day in Dublin. I really liked Dublin. It’s a young city and it’s full of energy. In the morning, we went on a city tour of Dublin. We saw Trinity College, Phoenix Park (Dublin’s version of Central Park), Georgian buildings, and the old town.

Georgian buildings



Phoenix park


After the city tour, we visited Maldahide Castle. Maladahide is a medieval castle that was a family home. It sits on a gorgeous, wide-open space.





Malahide

The rest of the afternoon was ours to spend in Dublin. Kelly and I went to the Ireland National Gallery to look at art and then took a walk along Trinity College campus. We explored the streets and did some shopping. We spent some time in a beautiful park called St. Stephen’s Green. While we were in the park, I overhead the funniest conversation. Three teenage girls were walking down the path. One said to the other two, “I love ducks. I never knew they could fly until a year ago.” I about died of laughter!





Trinity College







Ducks that can fly.


The tour bus was heading back to the hotel at 4:00, but we decided that was way too early to go back to the hotel so we stayed in Dublin. We just kept exploring the city. After we ate dinner, we were walking down a busy pedestrian street and I saw a d*unk guy trying karate moves on the side of a building. I was laughing so hard. Then we saw a make-shift theater in the middle of the street with a talking bird. It was about this point in time that Kelly and I decided we should head back to the hotel because of the crazies that were out!

It’s extremely difficult to get a taxi cab in Dublin. The economy is really good right now and tons of people have moved to Dublin. As a result, transportation is a mess. So Kelly and I got a little adventurous and took a city bus back to the hotel. My very first adventure on a city bus, anywhere, happened to be in Dublin. Now I know I’ve arrived.



Bus stop




1 comment:

mo12miller@gmail.com said...

I loved Trinity College. It was neat to walk around there & see all of the students & such. I loved it!! Loved the castles too!! So fun!!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...