Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I can't concentrate

Yes, I probably should be doing something a little more productive than blogging, but I just can't concentrate right now. When I went out for lunch, I ran into a guy that works here, but he is in my old department. He works in our other building so I don't see him very often. All I can say is, he looked good! And boy do I wish I looked cute today (it's one of those days when I don't like my outfit and I just don't feel very attractive). But that's besides the point. Seeing him just reminded me of how "things used to be" and I really want that time back!

It's been almost a year since I started this job (October 9 to be exact). When I made the change, it was one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make. I wasn't exactly unhappy with my old job, but I knew that I had reached my growth point there. I couldn't go anywhere else in the company and I wasn't being challenged anymore. The opportunity to work at my current job came up and I knew it was an answer to my prayers. So I took it.

And I was really happy. I loved the people I worked with. I loved my responsibilities. For the first time in years, I loved coming into work!

But that's all gone now. One person's decision. One person who couldn't play well with others. And the rest of us are suffering because of his actions.

It's not like it's horrible, it's just not the way it was. And I miss those times.

3 comments:

For Every Occasion said...

I miss the stories that you used to email me and I am not talking about Burrito Man! Did you run into "Jim"?

Jen said...

Yes, it was "Jim." He looked so good and he was being so cute.

I miss you already! I hope you have a fabulous time in Texas!

Anonymous said...

I quit my job almost one year ago because of one particular nasty co-worker. I'm hoping for a movement in the workforce--zero tolerance for jerks.

Gotta ask--is he "Jim" and you're "Pam"?

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...