Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Counting My Blessings

It’s that time of the year when we all start thinking about the things we are thankful for. I believe gratitude is something we all need to have more of and listing the things I’m thankful for help me remember how blessed I am. Of course, there is no possible way I could list everything, so I present to you a short compilation of some of my blessings.

I am grateful for….

1. my down pillow. Sleep still isn’t uninterrupted, but my down pillow has made a difference,

2. my nephews. When I left them last night, C wanted me to come home with him so we could play trucks. Those sweet boys sure know how to make you feel loved.

3. confirmation that I’ve made a good choice. It’s in those quiet moments when I’m taught my greatest lessons.

4. good friends. I’ve always been blessed with friends who uplift and teach me. I hope I can be a good friend in return.

5. my job. Because you never know when it may be taken from you.

6. a short commute. I don’t even have to take the freeway if I don’t want to.

7. my heritage. It’s in the stories, memories, and traditions of those who came before me that shape my character.

8. Jane Austen. She’s provided many hours of entertainment.

9. all the guys that have broken my heart. Thank you. Because of you I now know what I want and what I will not settle for.

10. Karen Carpenter. For all the songs I can sing word for word, no matter the state of my singing voice.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...