Monday, July 19, 2010

I Have a Secret

I have a secret. Maybe it’s not really a secret, but doesn’t it sound so much more fun when you say it’s a secret? So, here’s the secret. I have a boyfriend. I know, shocking.

But the reason I bring this up here is because I need help. Said boyfriend is having a birthday. A good girlfriend should do something for his birthday, yes? But girlfriend doesn’t know what to do for boyfriend, so ideas are welcome.

I can write all of this for a number of reasons:

1. He won’t read it.
2. Even if he does, none of this is a secret. Well, except if I want to surprise him for his birthday. But even then, his ideas would be welcome
3. But he won’t read this.
4. And there’s nothing here he really doesn’t already know.

You know, just saying the word “boyfriend” kind of freaks me out. Maybe I should say man-friend. Yes, man-friend is much easier for me to take.

Man-friend is very much a “manly” man. He played rugby in college, he likes baseball, he likes outdoor stuff (like guns), and he likes meat. A lot. The birthday is this Saturday. Yes, that’s soon!

More deets? OK. Man-friend has been around for about 2 or so months now. Not a long time, but you know, long enough that I still should acknowledge his date of birth. Man-friend has met the family. For the record, Mr. Mster hates man-friend and actually told me yesterday that he won’t come near me when man-friend is around. The CMan was much more tolerant. Not entirely sure what the rest of the family thought of him. And I would ask, but you know, they are just going to tell me what they always tell me, “This might be your last chance!” I already know what they’ll say, so why ask, right?

With that, please share ideas. Because I need help (in more ways than one, but let’s just stick to the topic at hand, OK?).

13 comments:

For Every Occasion said...

I thought you were doing the basket w/ gummies and a shirt? He will love whatever you get him!

Zachary said...

Based on the minimal information that has been provided, and as a man myself...well, boy posing in a man's body, I give you the following suggestions for your consideration:

1 - Baseball game (I am sure you already thought of this...but did you think of getting him jersey to WEAR at said game?)

2 - Golf Pass (Everyone loves golf)

3 - Cook him dinner (You would be surprised at how much this means to a guy)

4 - A new shirt/outfit that he MUST wear as he takes you out on the town

5 - Passes to the Shooting range in Springville to which you will join him

Just some ideas...good luck!

Jen said...

But what am I supposed to do for the birthday date? That's the part that has me a bit freaked out. I made the basket yesterday...actually the bucket. So dang cute!

Lori said...

well well....so you have a manfriend? interesting! post pics sometime...

p.s. i am happy for you. TRULY! i guess i will continue to wait for the millenium.

Jen said...

Lori, I have yet to get man-friend to let me take his photo. Hmmm, maybe I should make that as part of the birthday celebration?

Thanks for the ideas Zach...but this man, does not love golf. The others, not bad.

erin said...

Wait, wait. So...I'm guessing this is NOT FHE boy since said boy has been around since the beginning of time and has made no moves. Yes?

I second the jersey idea, but some jerseys are expensive. However, you may be ready not to put a price on love (ha ha ha).

Sorry I have no ideas. I have never celebrated a boyfriend's birthday while we were dating.

Jen said...

Not FHE boy. Ya, so not FHE boy. Perhaps a lunch date is in order to fill you in?

Anonymous said...

Take him to Carol's House to dinner. She's a good cook.

Jer said...

Jen! I must say. I am very happy to here that he has evolved into boyfriend material. What a lucky guy Jake is! I do mean lucky, you're a great catch & any man would be lucky to have you.

That being said:
My suggestion would be - Dinner at Goodwood, or dinner prepared by Jen....... A night out at the Owlz game & back for dessert at your place.

I hope that you guys have a great time no matter what you do though, take care.

mo12miller@gmail.com said...

I say the baseball game & maybe see if he can throw out the first pitch or something. Or his fav. baseball team. I am upset no mention on man friend. but I will live. we must chat for sure.

Jen said...

Don't worry Mo Mo! I've really been keeping him kind of a secret. I didn't want to jinx it! But, I guess the cat is out of the bag now. I'll email you with the deets. I think you'll be happy! :)

emilyring said...

What about a Cabela's or Sportman's Warehouse giftcard. I also know someone who works at Browning (another outdoors/guns place in UT).

Heather said...

Does he like Led Zeppelin? You could postpone the date and get tickets the the deer valley utah symphony thing. Then it is something for both you. Or just do something simple like walk to the grotto and pack a picnic.

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...