Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Hope for the Future

I don't know about you, but sometimes I lose hope for the future. I work with a whole lot of young women in church (hundreds of them actually). Being around these young women so much helps me to realize that the future is in good hands. The world may be failing, but the good and strong and true are going to pull us through. I'm sure of that.

And just when I thought these girls couldn't give me any more hope than they already have, something else happened. The girls in my ward, ranging from 12 - 18, came up with a camp theme. They choose this quote from Helen Keller, without any prompting from the leaders.

"What I am is not out there, it is in me."

I have a little more hope for the world.

2 comments:

Lori said...

i love that quote!

Zachary said...

I got the same reassuring feeling that the future was in good hands every day that I had the blessing to teach Seminary.

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...