Friday, March 11, 2011

Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time, I went to a restaurant in Provo with 2 dates. Yes, you read that right, 2 dates. One we'll call B and the other we'll call E. I know, very creative. And in case you were wondering, I was with both guys at the same time. I know, total player. :)

We were enjoying a lovely dinner at a rather fancy restaurant. I ate a delicious mango chicken while both of my dates enjoyed southwest chicken. No, they didn't share a plate - just happened to order the same thing.

The dessert menu came around and of course when I see "cheesecake tower" I simply cannot resist. This beautiful three layer cheesecake with thin, delicate graham crackers, a light cheesecake filling, and scrumptious raspberries was a sight to behold. I dug in without hesitation. I had only taken 2 or 3 bites of this masterpiece when I heard a disturbing noise.

It was the fire alarm. Only nobody moved. We all just looked around, stared at each other, and said, "I think that's the fire alarm." I noticed the cute little waitresses frantically calling someone on the phone. Next thing I know, the waitress is telling us we need to leave.

But what about my cheesecake? It was delicious and I wasn't about to leave it there. Do I risk my life? Or leave the cheesecake?

Leaving the cheesecake was not an option. As the waitress is trying to get everyone out of the restaurant, B said, "Could she get a box for this cheesecake? She'll cry about it all night if she can't take it with her." And he was right, I would have cried all night (or maybe just whined).

Risking life and limb, the waitress made a mad dash for the kitchen, boxed up my cheesecake, and we were out the door.

She's my hero.

We got outside and the fire alarms were going off in the entire building complex. I couldn't see or smell any smoke, but B said, "Let's get out of here before the fire trucks come."

He was right, they were on their way. See...



And see that little blur right by the fire truck? That's a fireman with an axe! And B wouldn't stop so I could get his phone number. Something about the man needing to take care of a fire. Whatever.

And that's the end of my story. The end.

2 comments:

Lori said...

the question is..Did you do a "dine and dash"?
fun about the double guy date!

Super Daysh said...

Why am I not surprised? At least you got the cheesecake!

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...