Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Letters, We've Got Letters

Dear Blog,

I'm so terribly sorry I've neglected you. I'll try to do better, I promise.

Love,

Me

Dear Onion Days,

Thank you for another great year! It was especially wonderful to be able to participate in the parade this year. Two life long dreams have now come true thanks to you - driving a van and driving a van in a parade.

Love,

The girl who drove over the curb only 2 times

Dear Van,

My goodness, you were a beast! But it was especially lovely to drive a van and "haul" stuff around.

Sincerely,

The girl who drove over the curb only 2 times

Dear September,

Welcome! You know how much I love you! I can't wait to see your pretty leaves change color real soon.

Love,

The girl who loves fall time

Dear Young Women,

Please tell me you are learning something! Please! If you aren't, then this gray hair is all for naught!

Love,

Your Young Women Leader who is prematurely going gray

Dear Birthday,

I really do like you, I promise I do. And I'm super excited for you to come again. But please, can't you stop making me older? Because that is just not cool. Not cool at all.

Love,

The girl who keeps getting older but feels much, much younger

Dear Cute Sundress,

Three strikes and you are out! I think you are super cute and I enjoy wearing you, however, three times wearing you (including three washes) and you are still fading blue all over my white t-shirt. It's time for you to go bye bye. I wish we could remain friends, but it just isn't going to work out.

Love,

The girl with blue arms

2 comments:

Lori said...

hah- you are funny! Glad you got to drive a van in a parade, Happy for you that love Fall. I don't. Winter will follow. Good luck with the YW and their listening abilities.and Happy Birthday! And sorry your arms are turning blue...maybe you could be part of the Blue Man Group!

Grassragz said...

I saw you in the parade and I said, "That's Jennifer. And she is driving a van!" Congrats on your dreaming coming true and getting to haul stuff.

Blog Archive

About Me

a little bit sassy...